Untethered jailbreak iOS 8 – 8.1 using Pangu8 v1.0.1
Pangu team released updated Pangu8 version for jailbreak iOS 8 untethered. New Pangu8 is supported to jailbreak any iOS device running iOS 8 through iOS 8.1 untethered. Now you can jailbreak all new devices such as iPhone6, iPhone 6 plus, iPad mini 3 and iPad air 2. There is no automatic Cydia download / Cydia install after jailbreak like any other untethered jailbreak tool. But you gain SSH into the system of the device after jailbreak and you can install Cydia manually on your device. please check the Cydia installation guide for more details.
Prepare your device for Pangu jailbreak
- Upgrade the device to iOS 8.1 (Latest version)
- Have latest version of iTunes
- Have a full backup of your device
- Remove passcode locks
- Disable Find my iPhone feature. (Since Pangu8 is using an exploit in Find my iPhone to jailbreak iOS system, You must disable that feature.)
Jailbreak with Pangu
- Connect your device to the PC
- Run Pangu 8 with admin privileges
- Wait till Pangu8 identify your device
- click jailbreak
- Pangu 8 error handling
- in case of crash, Please restart the jailbreak process.
- If your device stucked in Apple Logo, then you have to restore the device using backup.
Manual cydia installation guide
- ensure that you have Jailbroken your device.
- Download Cydia deb here
- Send the deb file to your device through SFTP.
- Your PC and device should be on same Wi-Fi network.
- Goto Settings > WiFi and tap on info button to view network configurations, then Write down IP addresses.
- Drag the Cydia deb into SFTP client.
- Navigate into the directory you placed the Cydia deb.
- Run the command “dpkg -i cydia_1.1.13_iphoneos-arm.deb”
- Reboot your device