Everyone knows we cannot install apps that come from outside the Appstore, or cannot install any external apps without jailbreaking an iPhone. Apple puts these kinds of limitations because of the security purposes, to ensure the safety of all Apple users when downloading apps. However, some people are not happy with these conditions and they want more applications than AppStore is offering. Therefore a developer called Riley Testut has decided to create an alternative for App Store called Altstore. Using this AltStore users have the ability to download apps apart from the AppStore.
What is AltStore?
This is a third-party App Store for non-jailbroken iOS devices. It opens doors for a wide range of modded and hacked apps, games, and emulators, which can modify your iDevices on your iOS device. More importantly, you can enjoy these features without jailbreaking your iDevice. Also, you can get access to paid apps and games freely.
- You can download and install any apps using AltStore by providing your Apple ID
- It refreshes apps in the background from time to time to prevent apps from expiring
- You can directly update apps through it.
- It offers an amazing library of modded apps and hacked games.
- All apps and games included in this are free to download
How does it work?
It doesn’t need to jailbreak your iDevice in order to use AltStore. When you are installing an app through it, iOS will think that is an authorized app, therefore, it is difficult to crack those applications. Also, you will need to download AltServer in order to work this app properly
How to install on Mac
- Download the AltServer for Mac
- Once the download is done launch the AltServer
- Allow permission it asks
- Go to Finder and enable “Show this iPhone when on Wi-Fi” for your phone.
- For Mojave, open iTunes and enable “iTunes Wi-Fi sync” for your phone.
- Launch the AltServer icon on the menu bar
- Then click on the “Install AltStore,” and choose your phone.
- Provide your Apple ID and password when needed.
- Then AltServer will ask you to install a Mail plug-in.
- Wait few seconds until the AltStore installation is done
How to install on Windows
Download the latest version of iTunes and the iCloud before installing AltStore on your Windows PC. When you are downloading iTunes and iCloud download them from the Apple Store.
- Download and extract the AltServer for Windows
- Double click and launch the “setup.exe.”
- Wait until the installation is done.
- Launch the AltServer after the installation is done
- If it asks for permission, just allow it
- Then open iTunes.
- Enable iTunes Wi-Fi sync for your phone.
- Click on the “Install AltStore,” then choose your phone.
- Input your Apple ID email and your password.
- Wait for a few seconds and AltStore will be installed on your phone.
How to install on iOS Devices
- Download the latest version of AltServer
- Then connect your iOS device with the PC using a data cable
- Now launch the AltServer on your PC. Tap on the “Install AltStore” option and select your device that is connected.
- Enter your Apple ID and your password.
- The download will start within few minutes
- It will take few minutes to complete the downloading and the installation
- Once the installation is done go to the “Settings” of your device.
- Under the “General Settings,” go to the “Profiles Section” and enable “Trust” for the AltStore profile.
- Now you can open the AltStore.
- It will show you the list of the available apps.
- Then go to “Settings” and enter your Apple ID and your password again.
- Now you can use AltStore on your iOS device and enjoy the wide range of apps.
How to install Unc0ver Jailbreak
- Download AltStore from its official website for your Mac or Windows PC
- Then launch AltStore by clicking on it.
- Click on the AltStore icon and then click the “Install Mail Plug-in” option found on the AltServer menu.
- Click on the “Install Plug-in” button in the pop-up prompt.
- Enter your administrator password if it asks and then click OK.
- Once the installation is done, open the “Mail App,” and go to “Mail” then “Preferences” that can be found in the Menu Bar.
- Then go to “General Tab” in the “Mail Preferences”
- Click the “Manage Plug-ins” button that you can find on the “General Tab”
- Then activate the “AltPlugin.mailbundle” function.
- Click on the “Apply and Restart Mail” to complete the process.
- Now, the AltStore is already configured.
How to install it on iOS devices which compatible with Unc0ver
- Connect your Unc0ver compatible iOS device after configuring the AltStore, with your computer using a USB cable.
- Launch the AltStore by clicking on the icon found on the menu bar.
- Then click on “Install AltStore” and locate and press on your device’s name.
- Now, log in with your Apple ID then click Install.
- Once it’s done AltStore will appear on your Home Screen.
- Go to “Settings” > “General”> “Device Management.” before launching AltStore
- Now go to your Apple ID and select it
- Click on the “Trust” button,
- Now installing AltStore on your iPhone is done.
- The next task is installing the Unc0ver.
- Download the Unc0ver on your Mac or Windows PC
- Then launch Unc0ver by clicking on the “unc0ver.ipa” file.
- Go to file viewer and click on the “Share” button
- Find the “Copy to AltStore” option and click it.
- Then AltStore will open and installing the “unc0ver.ipa” will start.
- If it asks for an Apple ID that you have already used.
- Launch the “Unc0ver” and tap on the “Jailbreak” button.
How to Download apps
- It is the same as downloading apps from the App Store.
- Go to AltStore and browse the apps you need to get to your iPhone
- Restart the AltServer if you get this error message
- You will be accessible to apps after the installation