Checkra1n is a jailbreak tool for iOS 13 version, and that also works on iOS 12.3 and above versions. Apple’s next major release iOS 13.3 come up with lots of improvements and features. The latest piece of news updates is Checkra1n Jailbreak which the Bootrom exploit-based jailbreak for iOS 13. This is the very first public iOS 13 jailbreaks so far that it is based on a powerful exploit.
How to Download CheckRa1n jailbreak tool:
You must have following requirements to jailbreak your devices;
- So far CheckRa1n jailbreak tool is supported only on macOS – Microsoft Windows 8/8.1/10 OS’s will be supported in the near future.
- CheckRa1n is a semi-tethered jailbreak – You will need your computer to reboot your iPhone or iPad if you power off your device.
- Support is for the 64-bit A5-A11 devices.
- Supports iOS 12.3 or above – works on iOS 13.6.1
- Currently, this is just an experimental tool on the iPhone 5S, iPad Mini 2, 3, and iPad Air
- Cydia is the default package manager, but others will be added in the future.
How to Install Checkra1n Jailbreak:
- Connect your iOS device to your Mac
- Download the Check166ra1n jailbreak from the download link above.
- Find the .dmg file and double-click on it to open it
- Drag and drop the Checkra1n jailbreak app to your Applications folder
- Open Applications and right-click the Checkra1n file
- Choose the option to Show Package Contents.
- Next, click Checkra1n > Contents > MacOS
- Double-click on checkra1n_gui file and the jailbreak application will open.
- Make sure the jailbreak application has recognized your iDevices and click on Start
- You will now be asked to place your device into DFU – click on Next
- Click Start and follow the on-screen instructions to put your device into DFU.
- When that has completed successfully, the jailbreak will start the exploitation and jailbreak process.
- You can see the verbose boot screen with the Chekra1n theme on it – do NOT disconnect your device until the jailbreak is complete
- Once it has finished, the application can be closed.
- Look on your home page for the Checkra1n loader and tap to open it.
- Tap Cydia and then Install Cydia
- The jailbreak application will now begin to install Cydia
- The app closes when the process is finished, and you will see Cydia on your home screen.
- That’s it; your device is successfully jailbroken with the Checkrain jailbreak.
What’s new in Chekra1n;
- iOS/iPadOS 13.5 support.
- Fix multiple issues with kernel patches that caused devices to not boot, most notably iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 4.
- Fix bootstrap upload not working if the device is locked.
- The Apple TV 4K will produce a -20 error, even on a successful jailbreak Other known issues are available on our issue tracker.
- The exploit may not work as reliably on some devices, such as the Raspberry Pi Zero and Raspberry Pi 3.
- When trying to jailbreak multiple devices, only the first attempt will succeed. Workaround: relaunch Checkra1n after every jailbreak attempt.
This beta is only available for macOS and Linux. Work is ongoing to support Windows, which will be added in a later release.