Checkra1n for iOS 14.0 Supports A9 (X) Devices! Here’s how to jailbreak your iOS 14 device using Checkra1n jailbreak.
What is Chakra1N?
However, this Chakra1N Based on the exploit of the infamous CheckM8, So checkr1N is a semi-integrated jailbreak tool designed for iOS 14. Then it was developed by Luca Todesco and Kim Jong Un’s team.
The latest build supports iOS 14.0 as well as tvOS 14.0. but, support for brand new devices seems to be limited at the moment. Currently only compatible with iPhone and iPad models with the A9 / A9X chip.
However, the developer is working to add support for the iPhone 7, 7 Plus, and other devices.
On the other hand, iPhone models with the A11 Bionic chip – the iPhone 8, 8 Plus, and X – will be addressed in a future update. And also the reason is that Apple is using a new minimization method in SEPOS on the A10 chip and above devices. For example, if you boot an IF in DFU mode and receive a request to decrypt SEP (Secure Enclave Processor) user data, So it causes a kernel panic.
Although Checkm8 is a powerful BootROM exploit, it does not affect the SEP. However, the situation changed with the release of Blackbird Risk, which allowed the attacker to gain access to the SEP. If all goes well, an update for A11 devices will be live soon.
In addition to iOS devices, checkra1n supports Apple’s T2 security chip’s Bridge OS.
However, Jailbreaking Apple’s security chip may not be as useful to the average user.
Requirements checkra1n for iOS 14
- MacOS is a computer running Catalina / Linux
- Compatible iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Apple TV
- iOS 14.0 / tvOS 14.0 firmware
- Firstly, avoid using beta releases on your primary device. Beta and Alpha Build should only be used on Spare Devices.
- Secondly, Users with A11 devices running iOS 14.0 or higher should remove the passcode and enable the “Skip A11 BPR check” option.
Download checkra1n for iOS 14 COMPATIBLE DEVICES
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8/8 Plus
- iPhone 7/7 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6S/6S Plus
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch 2nd generation (2017)
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch (June 2017)
- iPad 7th generation (2019)
- iPad 6th generation (2018)
- iPad Pro 1st generation
- iPad mini 4
- iPad Air 2
- iPad 5th generation
- iPod touch (2019, 7th generation)
Download checkra1n for iOS 14 COMPATIBLE OPERATING SYSTEMS
- 14.2 Beta 2
- iBridge T2 (Apple T2 security chip)
CHANGELOG – Download checkra1n for iOS 14
- Version 0.12.2 – allow USB on Apple TV 4K devices. Fixes crash A10 / A10X for iOS 14.3 and above. Fixes an issue that caused LaunchDeemons to load incorrectly on some platforms.
- v0.12.1 – Adds an alert for safe mode. Adds iBridge SSH support from the same host. Adds partial support for first-generation home pods (compatible with audio OS 13 and 14 only).
- v0.12.0 – Adds support for iOS 14.1/14.2. A10 / A10X devices running iOS 14.x are now compatible. Adds partial support (does not passcode) for A11 devices running iOS 14.x (Go to Options and select Skip A11 BPR Check). Introduces a “quick mode” for the app.
- A11 Update: The patched version is now updated for A11 devices. To use this tool, run the terminal batch with the above patch file and the cycle 1n binary. This is for advanced users and testing purposes only.
- Patch version: This is an unofficial build released by Exploit 3D to support A10 devices. Execute it in CLI (command-line interface) with the -C flag – ./checkra1n_patch -c. Remember, passwords and encryption components will not work after imprisonment. If you enable the passcode, the SEP will fail to decode the user data. Therefore, we suggest using it only on test devices.
- v0.11: Initial release with iOS 14 support.
HOW TO JAILBREAK IOS 14 WITH CHECKRA1N
- First of all, download checkra1n on your Mac or Linux pc using the link above. For this tutorial, we will use Makos. Remember, this tool doesn’t work on Microsoft Windows.
- secondly, If you are using MacOS, drag Jailbreak to your Applications folder.
- Now go to the Applications folder.
- Right-click to open checkra1n and select Open.
- Your Mac will now note the following warning messages. Then Click Open to activate the Jailbreak tool.
- Finally, Please make sure you have a backup of your device before applying Jailbreak. Data loss is difficult, but we are not responsible if something goes wrong. Use at your own risk.
Connect Apple Device
Step 6 : You will now need to connect your Apple device to your computer. Then Connect your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad or Apple TV to get started. Your device will now ask you to “trust” the computer. After,Then enter your password and tap Trust. Now we do not recommend using the beta version of this tool on your primary device.
Step 7: Now open checkra1n again and make sure it recognizes your Apple device.
Step 8 : Click Start to start jail. If you are an advanced user. Then you can select options and use the features:
- Allow untested iOS/iPadOS/tvOS versions
- Safe Mode
- Verbose Boot
- Boot Arguments
- Dark Blockchain
Step 9: In this case, you need to put your device in DFU mode to apply Jailbreak. And also this is a manual process and the app will guide you through it. To prevent file system corruption through a hard reset, your device will be recovered to its default state. Click Next when you are ready.
Step 10 Enter the DFU mode following the on-screen instructions. And also Find the buttons marked below on your device and check the instructions on the right. When you begin to enter DFU mode, press Start.
Step 11 The tool will now start installing Jailbreak on your device. Especially, do not disconnect your device until the end.
Step 12 After the tool shows “All Done”, click on Done to exit the app. And also, your Apple device should now be jailbroken.
Step 13 Then Go to the home screen of your device and open the loader app that comes with Chakra 1N.And also this app allows you to install a package manager on your iPhone or iPad. Currently, it is only available for the Cydia installer.
Step 14 Select Cydia from the app and tap Install Cydia to begin the installation. And also, this should take no more than two to three minutes. Wait until the installation is complete.
Step 15 Finally, go to your home screen, run Cydia and start installing your favorite tweaks.