No longer need a third-party application to adjust your iPhone photos
With iOS 15, you no longer need a third-party application to adjust your iPhone photos’ date, time, and place. You can now make changes directly from the Photos application. The new features work well in iOS 15 Developer Beta and are easy to make changes. The Photos app now displays most of the EXIF data for photos and videos.
In this article, you will learn how to adjust the date, time, and location of your photos and videos in iOS 15.
How to edit the date and time of a photo
As mentioned earlier, these changes can now be made in the Stock Photo app on iOS 15. Previously, you had to use a third-party application (such as Exif metadata) to edit the date and time of your photo. You can now use the Photos application to do the same:
1) Launch the photo application on your iPhone and select a photo or video.
2) Click the I button in the bottom bar or open a photo or video and swipe up.
3) Click the adjustment button next to the date and time information.
How to edit photo location tags
In addition to changing the date and time of photos and videos in iOS 15, you can also change the geographic location data of images/videos. This is useful if you don’t want others to know where your photo or video was taken.
Here’s how to edit a location tag in the Photos app.
1) Open the photo on an iPhone running iOS 15.
2) Select a photo or video and click the “i” button or swipe up.
3) You should be able to see the location information in the map preview.
4) Click on the map and select Edit in the upper right corner.
5) Search for a new location from the search bar and select one. Automatically change the position data of images and videos.
If you want to restore the original geographic location data, repeat all the above steps and select Restore on the Edit page. Suppose you don’t want anyone to know your location. In that case, you can also remove the location tag from your photos and videos.
There are many reasons to adjust the date, time, and location of your photos and videos on your iPhone. One of the main reasons is privacy, and iOS 15 allows you to protect your privacy without installing other apps. However, you must use a third-party application to view and edit more metadata points than just the date, time, and location. The application EXIF metadata developed by iDB is a good starting point.