Customize Your iPhone’s App Icons
Do you think you can customize your iPhone’s app icon as your wish? Yes, you may change the background on your iPhone home screen. But, if you truly want to customize your phone, why not design your own app icons?
This can be done using the shortcut app made by Apple. You will not replace the icons that came with the app – instead, you will create separate shortcuts to guide the app. It is a tedious and time-consuming process, but in the end, you can get a fully customized iPhone home screen.
Here’s how you do it:
- First, find and launch the Shortcuts app on iPhone. It comes pre-installed; if you don’t see it right away, swipe left until you reach the App Library and start entering “Shortcuts” into the top search box.
- When you’re in the app, press the “+” sign in the upper-right corner, followed by “Add Action.”
- Shortcuts have a lot of exciting stuff to test out. However, for the time being now, all we want to do is change the app icons. Enter “Open app” into the search field, then touch the “Open App” link.
- Click on the word “Choose.” You’ll see a list of your applications. Select one to edit and you’ll be returned to the New Shortcut screen.
- In the upper-right corner, click the three dots. You’ve reached the Details page. Set your shortcut a name and then press the “Add to Home Screen” button.
- A preview of the icon will now appear. Don’t worry, we’re going to fix it. In the top-right corner, click Add.
- It’s now time to find your replacement icon. There are several icon sources available (for example, Flaticon), or if you’re artistic and/or ambitious, you may make your own. Save the image to Photos, whether it is someone else’s or your own.
- Return to the Shortcuts preview section. (You can see it again by heading to the Details area and selecting “Add to Home Screen.”)
- Then click the icon in the “Home Screen Name and Icon” section. You will have the chance of taking a photo.
- Selecting a picture, or selecting a file. Assuming you’ve previously saved a picture in Photo, click “Choose Photo” and choose the image you wish to use.
- A highlighted section on the following screen will show which section of the photo will be used as an icon. You can move the image till you’re satisfied. In the lower-right corner, tap “Choose.”
- You will see your new icon now. Click the Add.
- Congratulation! Your new customized icon should appear on your home screen.
How to Remove the Previous Icon on iPhone Screen?
There is a chance you may see two new icons on your iPhone home screen: one with the first dull symbol and one with your fantastic new symbol.
If this is the case, just hold down the unwanted icon and click “Delete bookmark.” Please keep in mind that this (along with the other you created) is a bookmark/shortcut, not the original.
Do You Want to Delete Orginal Icon on iPhone Screen?
You may even conceal the old app icon so that just the new one is displayed. (Of course, you don’t want to delete it altogether because it would remove the program.). Long-press the previous app icon and choose “Edit Home Screen.”
Click the” – ” sign. Tap “Remove from Home Screen” in the pop-up options. The original icon will not be removed; it will only be hidden; you can always locate it in the App Library.
Now you easily change your new icon symbol through this guide. Hope you gain a fantastic idea of your new iPhone‘s screen!