The distracting wait finally ended with Todesco’s Yalu which has been exposed a while. Although the jailbreak is still dubbed beta it is now out for public use addressing iOS 10.0.1-iOS 10.2 in a more stable work frame than its predecessor for iOS 10.0.x-iOS 10.1.1. So here I take you through all about the beta Yalu102 and how to Jailbreak iOS 10.2 with Cydia impactor download. Besides all risks and beta limitations if you like to give a try on Yalu102, follow my guide to make it smooth and effective.
When Yalu102 released through the first beta, it was extremely limited and not even recommended for all. But following the initial beta, Todesco soon added two more, expanding device support and improving the work pattern. So with that, now we find Yalu102 in beta 7 iteration, passing through several testing builds. With that all changes, Yalu102 is now supported all 64-bit devices except iPhone 7/ 7 Plus.
- Devices supported for jailbreak iOS 10.2-
iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone 6
iPad Air 2, iPad Air
iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2
iPod Touch 6th Generation
Please note that iPhone 7 jailbreak is still not possible for iOS 10.2 but it will work for iOS 10.0.1-iOS 10.1.1
- The process comes semi-untethered similar to Pangu 9.2-9.3.3 which required Cydia impactor to process
- Make sure to backup the whole device as jailbreak iOS 10.2 still comes a beta and possibly make some problems
- Make sure to charge your device for sufficient power scale
- You need Mac or Windows PC to process jailbreak
How to Jailbreak iOS 10.2?
- Step 1: Download latest Cydia impactor to the PC
- Step 2: Download Yalu updated Jailbreak IPA for iOS 10.2 on the PC
- Step 3: Launch Cydia impactor you downloaded and connect the device to the PC via a proper USB
- Step 4: Drag Yalu102 ipa to Cydia impactor and hit start
- Step 5: When required, enter Apple ID (If you have not turned two-step verification, enter the Apple ID password when required, but if have turned on two-step verification for the Apple ID, log to Apple ID website to create an app-related password which you have to enter when Cydia impactor required
- Step 6: Once the ipa is installed to Cydia impactor, check your Home screen and find Yalu102 icon
- Step 7: Head device’s settings > General > Device Management
- Step 8: Now Trust the app on your device which is needed to run the app
- Step 9: Return the Home screen and launch Yalu102
- Step 10: Hit “Go” and jailbreak iOS 10.2
- Step 11: Now wait
- Step 12: Once your device respring, you should see Cydia icon on the Home screen
In case if you still not see Cydia, you have trust the profile, reboot and rerun Yalu102 app. So you can now go to Cydia download and enjoy all recommended apps and tweaks. Make sure you are only heading the recommended Cydia downloads as any incompatible clicks could make Cydia crashes.
Should you try Yalu102?
After a number of beta builds, finally Yalu102 has reached 7th iteration. Although it seems a beta, jailbreak now comes stable and in an expanded work frame too. So anyone willing to try Yalu102 can now follow the given guide. But remember to make the run at your own risk as 10.2 no more signs. In fact, if you make any mistake or crash in Cydia you will force to restore iOS 10.2.1 which is the only firmware signing now by Apple.
In time to come, jailbreak iOS 10.2 will be released to the public. So until then take on your excitement with Yalu102 beta which Todesco keeps adding the functionality. And do not forget to share your comments about how you see Todesco’s Yalu to iOS 10.2 jailbreak.