Semi Tethered Jailbreak iOS iOS 7.1 by geeksn0w 2.9.1 for any iPhone 4
iOS 7.1 semi tethered jailbreak for iPhone 4 with geeksnow
geeksn0w is the only iOS 7.1 jailbreak at the moment. geeksn0w supported only for jailbreak iPhone 4. Geeksn0w had several updates and the current version 2.9 seems to be stable for a long time. As you know, there is no untethered jailbreak for iOS 7.1 yet and nothing called evasion 7.1 released.geeksnow jailbreak is much worth although it’s semi tethered because of this reason. geeksnowdeveloped by Andrea Bentivegna and distributed totally free. You might need installed JDK on your PC before start geeksn0w jailbreak process.
Please refer below sections under geeksnow tutorial, geeksn0w video guide and Troubleshoot before start if you are not comfortable about the tethered jailbreak. Latest version or geeksn0w download is available via direct links on our website.
Convert your tethered 7.1 jailbreak into semi tethered
- If you have already jailbroken tethered your device using geeksnow 2.8.3 or lower version, you can upgrade your jailbreak from tethered to semi untethered using geeksn0w 2.9 repo.
- Open Cydia > manage > packages > edit > Add
- And add repo geekrepo.beiphone.it
What are Tethered, semi tethered and untethered Jailbreaks
- Tethered Jailbreak – Once you jailbreak, It will remain till you reboot the device. You can’t reboot your iPhone iPad or iPod as normal by itself. Device will freeze in Apple boot logo when you restart. You must use the initial tetheerd jailbreak tool to reboot the device.
- Semi Tethered Jailbreak – Still you have the tethered jailbreak. but your can reboot the device itself. your iPhone, iPad or iPod will restart and come up with semi functioning but if you want full functions as Jailbroken device, then you must plug your device to the PC and have a tethered boot using initial jailbreak software.
- Untethered Jailbreak – You can use your device as normal. No matter about switch off / reboot. Jailbreak remains like a native app.
geeksnow quick facts
- Developed by – Andrea Bentivegna.
- Supported iOS versions – iOS 7.1
- Available platforms – Windows.
- Supported devices – iPhone 4.
- Jailbreak status – Semi untethered.
before start geeksn0w jailbreak.
- Have a Full backup of your data and contacts via iTunes.
- Better to switch off pass code locks.
- Download geeksnow latest version.
- Get latest JDK version installed on your PC.
Start Jailbreak geeksn0w
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable.
- Run geeksnow as an administrator.
- Enter DFU mode on your iPhone.
- Click jailbreak button on geeksnow.
- Wait till geeksn0w complete the jailbreak process. Enjoy!
geeksn0w 2.9.1 error handling
- geeksnow doesn’t start – Make sure whether you run geeksn0w as administrator.
- geeksn0w stuck while jailbreak process – Close everything and Have a fresh start.
- My device freezes in Apple LOGO – Connect your iPhone to PC and run geeksnow for a tethered boot. Otherwise You have to restore your device using iTunes. You can restart the Jailbreak process once you done
Changes log for geeksnow jailbreak
Geeksnow 2.9.1 update
- Bundled with Cydia 1.1.11
Geeksnow 2.9 update
- Semi tethered Jailbreak for iOS 7.1 – 7.1.1
Geeksnow 2.8.3 update
- Updated for suport iOS 7.1.1
Geeksnow 2.8 update
- Fixed the bug dfuarch extension and security holes
Geeksnow 2.7 update
- Fixed crash errors of Safari Browser, Calculator, Mail & Weather apps. Cydia build 1.1.9.
- locked iPhones activate by Auto-Hacktivation.
- Progress bar error fixed.
- iPhone detect automatically via iDevice arch finder feature.
- speed up of Mounting root_fs as r/w.
- Solved mount.sh bug.
- Application size reduced.
- Speed up the Jailbreak process.
- included AFC2 protocol with iFunBox & iExplorer