Checkra1n 0.12.2 Beta
The checkra1n developing team has released its latest version which is chekra1n 0.12.2 beta lately. However, this is just a preview of the checkra1n 0.12.2 and it should not be installed on primary iDevices.
New features of the latest release of Checkra1n 0.12.2 Beta
- Enable USB on Apple TV 4k during normal system operation
- There was an issue that the system is crashing when you are trying to jailbreak devices with iOS 14.3 or higher on the A10 and A10X devices, that issue is fixed by the checkra1n 0.12.2 beta
- Some LaunchDaemons are loading on the platforms that should not have loaded, this is also fixed by the checkra1n 0.12.2 beta
- Some iDevices which run iOS 14.0 and above like A11 devices require removing the passcode and enabling “Skip A11 BPR check” in the options. This is not recommended, but it’s there.
Other common issues:
- We all know that checkra1n does not work on Apple Silicon Macs yet
- Currently, A7 devices will not work with the Linux version
- Such as the Raspberry Pi Zero and Raspberry Pi 3, the exploit may not work stably on some devices,
- Linux GUI build when using CLI mode doesn’t support the auto assertion of DFU mode on advanced Apple TV 4k breakout boards
- Bridge OS:
- Once you disconnect the cable, then it’ll take over the USB connection and disallow communication with the T2 as soon as macOS boots
- When Chinese is set as a system language checkra1n has crashed with some devices. Checkra1n is unknown whether any other language is supported.
This latest version is only available for macOS and Linux. However, the checkra1n team is currently working on support Windows, which will be added in a later release.
At the moment, this is only supported for install Cydia. Support for other package managers, including Zebra and Installer is coming soon and is expected within the coming weeks.