Semi Tethered Jailbreak iOS 7.1 by sn0wbreak for MAC
iPhone 4 semi untethered jailbreak using sn0wbreak
snowbreak is semi tethered jailbreak tool for jailbreak iOS 7.1 – 7.1.1 running on MAC platform. snowbreak developed by sn0wbreak team to fill the gap which not having proper MAC version of geekwn0w. sn0wbreak exploit iPhone 4 using ssh_rd with gain access via limera1n to get permission in to the filesystem. Then installs Cydia and required semitether files and uses opensn0w to boot the device. Snowbreak required MAC OS X 10.7 or higher.
- MAC OS X 10.7 or later.
- iPhone 4. (GSM or CDMA)
- Installed JAVA on your computer.
- USB cable.
- One of following iOS.
- iOS 7.0 (11A465)
- iOS 7.0.2 (11A501)
- iOS 7.0.3 (11B511)
- iOS 7.0.4 (11B554a)
- iOS 7.0.6 (11B651)
- iOS 7.1 beta 1 (11D5099e)
- iOS 7.1 beta 2 (11D5115d)
- iOS 7.1 (11D169)
- iOS 7.1.1 (11D201)
Doubt about semi tethered jailbreak?
- If you got semi tethered jailbreak such as sn0wbreak or geeksn0w, You can use cydia as normal. You can reboot your iPhone itself but with limited functions of mail, messages, safari and without all jailbreak tweaks. You should connect your device to the PC and have a tethered boot with sn0wbreak to bring it back to normal.
before proceed with sn0wbreak
- Backup your device using iTunes.
- disable passcode locks.
- Have enough battery life.
- Proper connection to the PC via USB cable.
- Close all itunes operations before start jailbreak.
snowbreak jailbreak troubleshoot.
- Restart your device and jailbreak process if you got freeze in any stage of sn0wbreak jailbreak process. You can restart your device by holding press power and home button together for few seconds.
developer credits for sn0wbreak
- limera1n by geohot
- dirhelper by iH8snow
- ssh_rd by msftguy
- planetbeing for partialzip
- opensn0w by winocm